Saturday, December 29, 2012

Taking care of business

One thing we've learned with international travel is that there are lots of little details to take care of before you leave.

We've got house sitters and back up house sitters lined up.  We need to do things like cancel the milk delivery and tell our neighbors our exact departure and arrival dates.

You would know to get your passports, or to check and make sure your passport is up to date, but what about your credit card?  I just checked and one of my credit cards is due to expire while we're away.  Good to know that now instead of when we go to use it! 

Speaking of credit cards, I've learned the hard way to call my credit card company before we leave to let them know our itinerary.  When I haven't they've denied my charges as "suspicious". 

It's also time to call the cell phone service provider and activate our international roving.  Those are some  expensive minutes, so we won't be calling just to shoot the breeze, but it'll be nice to know we could use our cells when we have reception.

I'm quite certain I'm forgetting something.  Luckily, in this connected day and age, it's not likely to be anything to hard to fix from a distance.  At least, not too hard if we're near shore and a either a cell tower or an internet cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment